MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The quarterly deadline to place a telephone number on Wisconsin's no-call list is approaching.
The deadline to be added to the list is May 31. Any number put on the list then will be protected from unwanted phone solicitations and text messages starting July 1.
Registrations are good for two years, and people can re-register their numbers at any time.
The list is updated four times a year.
Anyone who misses the May 31 deadline won't be able to get their number added to the list until Oct. 1.
Numbers can be added to the list at http://nocall.wisconsin.gov or by calling 1-866-966-2255.
Political calls, calls from nonprofit organizations and calls made in response to a written or verbal request or permission are not covered.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser