MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The quarterly deadline to place a telephone number on Wisconsin's no-call list is approaching.
The deadline to be added to the list is May 31. Any number put on the list then will be protected from unwanted phone solicitations and text messages starting July 1.
Registrations are good for two years, and people can re-register their numbers at any time.
The list is updated four times a year.
Anyone who misses the May 31 deadline won't be able to get their number added to the list until Oct. 1.
Numbers can be added to the list at http://nocall.wisconsin.gov or by calling 1-866-966-2255.
Political calls, calls from nonprofit organizations and calls made in response to a written or verbal request or permission are not covered.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting