MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The quarterly deadline to place a telephone number on Wisconsin's no-call list is approaching.
The deadline to be added to the list is May 31. Any number put on the list then will be protected from unwanted phone solicitations and text messages starting July 1.
Registrations are good for two years, and people can re-register their numbers at any time.
The list is updated four times a year.
Anyone who misses the May 31 deadline won't be able to get their number added to the list until Oct. 1.
Numbers can be added to the list at http://nocall.wisconsin.gov or by calling 1-866-966-2255.
Political calls, calls from nonprofit organizations and calls made in response to a written or verbal request or permission are not covered.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter