LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse School district is organizing open enrollment earlier than usual. The program allows families who live in one district to send their child to another.
New this year, the La Crosse district is offering a priority placement for families with students already enrolled in the district.
There are 10 choice and charter schools in the district which parents can opt to send their children. The schools have unique, specialized programs.
District officials say they want to make sure everyone can go to the school they want. "By allowing for families to express interest in our programs, we then can be better prepared to staff them in the fall," said La Crosse's Director of Pupil Services Steve Salerno.17676800
Parents with students already enrolled in the La Crosse School district can fill out a priority placement form. Those are due Saturday, Dec. 15th and can be found on the district's website.
Wisconsin's Open Enrollment begins in February.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers