LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse School district is organizing open enrollment earlier than usual. The program allows families who live in one district to send their child to another.
New this year, the La Crosse district is offering a priority placement for families with students already enrolled in the district.
There are 10 choice and charter schools in the district which parents can opt to send their children. The schools have unique, specialized programs.
District officials say they want to make sure everyone can go to the school they want. "By allowing for families to express interest in our programs, we then can be better prepared to staff them in the fall," said La Crosse's Director of Pupil Services Steve Salerno.17676800
Parents with students already enrolled in the La Crosse School district can fill out a priority placement form. Those are due Saturday, Dec. 15th and can be found on the district's website.
Wisconsin's Open Enrollment begins in February.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser