FORT McCOY, Wis. (AP) -- People have about three more weeks to submit applications to hunt turkeys on a western Wisconsin military base this spring.
Fort McCoy will accept applications through Feb. 17. Hunters the state Department of Natural Resources has selected to participate in Wisconsin's statewide spring turkey hunt aren't eligible.
Applications are available at the fort's website, www.mccoy.army.mil and at the fort's welcome center. People must submit them to the fort's permit sales office. Successful applicants can purchase their permits through any authorized DNR agent throughout the state or through the DNR's online licensing center.
The fort's six-period season begins in mid-April and runs through mid-May.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks