FORT McCOY, Wis. (AP) -- People have about three more weeks to submit applications to hunt turkeys on a western Wisconsin military base this spring.
Fort McCoy will accept applications through Feb. 17. Hunters the state Department of Natural Resources has selected to participate in Wisconsin's statewide spring turkey hunt aren't eligible.
Applications are available at the fort's website, www.mccoy.army.mil and at the fort's welcome center. People must submit them to the fort's permit sales office. Successful applicants can purchase their permits through any authorized DNR agent throughout the state or through the DNR's online licensing center.
The fort's six-period season begins in mid-April and runs through mid-May.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016