MCFARLAND, Wis. (AP) - Firefighters in a town near Madison found two dead bodies after extinguishing a burning car.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports that police and firefighters were sent to a car fire in the village of McFarland around 6 a.m.
Police Lt. Brian Redman says it wasn't until after firefighters got the fire out that they discovered the bodies.
Redman says police are trying to identify the bodies. He says their genders couldn't be immediately ascertained
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death