MCFARLAND, Wis. (AP) - Firefighters in a town near Madison found two dead bodies after extinguishing a burning car.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports that police and firefighters were sent to a car fire in the village of McFarland around 6 a.m.
Police Lt. Brian Redman says it wasn't until after firefighters got the fire out that they discovered the bodies.
Redman says police are trying to identify the bodies. He says their genders couldn't be immediately ascertained
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership