LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force received a special delivery Thursday from an area car dealership.
Dahl Automotive donated not food, but a truck to deliver it in.
The refrigerated delivery truck was handed over to the Hunger Task Force at a special presentation Thursday.
The director of the task force says the donation couldn't have come at a better time. "We'll be using the truck the minute you pull away. We are so excited to have it. Our existing actually just died days ago so when I say perfect timing, we are certainly blessed today," said Shelly Fortner.
The Hunger Task Force delivers food to more than 60 meal sites throughout the area.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!