LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force received a special delivery Thursday from an area car dealership.
Dahl Automotive donated not food, but a truck to deliver it in.
The refrigerated delivery truck was handed over to the Hunger Task Force at a special presentation Thursday.
The director of the task force says the donation couldn't have come at a better time. "We'll be using the truck the minute you pull away. We are so excited to have it. Our existing actually just died days ago so when I say perfect timing, we are certainly blessed today," said Shelly Fortner.
The Hunger Task Force delivers food to more than 60 meal sites throughout the area.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years