LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force received a special delivery Thursday from an area car dealership.
Dahl Automotive donated not food, but a truck to deliver it in.
The refrigerated delivery truck was handed over to the Hunger Task Force at a special presentation Thursday.
The director of the task force says the donation couldn't have come at a better time. "We'll be using the truck the minute you pull away. We are so excited to have it. Our existing actually just died days ago so when I say perfect timing, we are certainly blessed today," said Shelly Fortner.
The Hunger Task Force delivers food to more than 60 meal sites throughout the area.
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal
- Discrimination lawsuit against Rochester schools dismissed