LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A cross-country skier was taken to the hospital after breaking through the ice on the Black River.
The man was skiing from La Crosse to Galesville when he broke through and became submerged Tuesday afternoon. A La Crosse Tribune reporter found the man after he managed to crawl out of the hole about 30 feet from shore and alerted authorities.
First responders rushed the man to Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse. His condition was not available.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing