LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A cross-country skier was taken to the hospital after breaking through the ice on the Black River.
The man was skiing from La Crosse to Galesville when he broke through and became submerged Tuesday afternoon. A La Crosse Tribune reporter found the man after he managed to crawl out of the hole about 30 feet from shore and alerted authorities.
First responders rushed the man to Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse. His condition was not available.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather