VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Rescue crews were called to the Mississippi River near Victory on Thursday to respond to a call of a canoe possibly flipped over.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said after a thorough search, all boaters in the area were accounted for.
Several emergency crews assisted the Sheriff's Office, including the Wheatland Fire Department and First Responders, Desoto Fire Department, Crawford County Sheriff's Department, Allamakee Sheriff's Department and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests