VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Rescue crews were called to the Mississippi River near Victory on Thursday to respond to a call of a canoe possibly flipped over.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said after a thorough search, all boaters in the area were accounted for.
Several emergency crews assisted the Sheriff's Office, including the Wheatland Fire Department and First Responders, Desoto Fire Department, Crawford County Sheriff's Department, Allamakee Sheriff's Department and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers