LA CROSSE, WI - Two people arrested after a marijuana grow operation in their La Crosse apartment sparked a fire appeared in court Thursday.
Michael Sloan and Melissa Sader, both 33, were both charged with one count of manufacturing marijuana.
The fire happened on the 700 block of Main Street on September 16. Sader and her 8-year-old daughter were able to make it out of the apartment safely.
After the fire was put out, police found a growing operation with 24 marijuana plants and other items used to grow the drug. Investigators said faulty wiring in the grow operation's lighting and ventilation system caused the fire.
Sloan and Sader stood mute in La Crosse County Court. Not guilty pleas were entered on their behalf. They are due back in court in December.22274250
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers