LA CROSSE, WI - Two people arrested after a marijuana grow operation in their La Crosse apartment sparked a fire appeared in court Thursday.
Michael Sloan and Melissa Sader, both 33, were both charged with one count of manufacturing marijuana.
The fire happened on the 700 block of Main Street on September 16. Sader and her 8-year-old daughter were able to make it out of the apartment safely.
After the fire was put out, police found a growing operation with 24 marijuana plants and other items used to grow the drug. Investigators said faulty wiring in the grow operation's lighting and ventilation system caused the fire.
Sloan and Sader stood mute in La Crosse County Court. Not guilty pleas were entered on their behalf. They are due back in court in December.22274250
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer