LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Road construction will close County Highway B in La Crosse next summer.
The approximate $1.2 million construction project was discussed at a public hearing Thursday afternoon.
The road closure on County Highway B will span from River Valley Road to Highway 16. The project is currently in the design phase with construction expected to begin next June and be completed within three months.
"There have been some settling issues on the roadway. The La Crosse County highway department have been doing a lot of maintenance on this roadway. So, over the years it's been continuing to add up," said the senior project manager Dan Herzberg.
Construction crews will be replacing the concrete to the bridge approaches and the guardrails as well as the sidewalk, curb and gutter.
A federal grant will pay for about 80-percent of the project.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting