LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Road construction will close County Highway B in La Crosse next summer.
The approximate $1.2 million construction project was discussed at a public hearing Thursday afternoon.
The road closure on County Highway B will span from River Valley Road to Highway 16. The project is currently in the design phase with construction expected to begin next June and be completed within three months.
"There have been some settling issues on the roadway. The La Crosse County highway department have been doing a lot of maintenance on this roadway. So, over the years it's been continuing to add up," said the senior project manager Dan Herzberg.
Construction crews will be replacing the concrete to the bridge approaches and the guardrails as well as the sidewalk, curb and gutter.
A federal grant will pay for about 80-percent of the project.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team