LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Road construction will close County Highway B in La Crosse next summer.
The approximate $1.2 million construction project was discussed at a public hearing Thursday afternoon.
The road closure on County Highway B will span from River Valley Road to Highway 16. The project is currently in the design phase with construction expected to begin next June and be completed within three months.
"There have been some settling issues on the roadway. The La Crosse County highway department have been doing a lot of maintenance on this roadway. So, over the years it's been continuing to add up," said the senior project manager Dan Herzberg.
Construction crews will be replacing the concrete to the bridge approaches and the guardrails as well as the sidewalk, curb and gutter.
A federal grant will pay for about 80-percent of the project.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest