LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse city council looked at a pair of funding questions at its meeting Thursday night.
First, the council approved the $120,000 needed to remove the ash trees in city parks and facilities.
It's a preventative effort to avoid spreading the emerald ash borer, a tree-killing beetle.17776116
The council also approved up to $50,000 from unused funds in the La Crosse Police department's budget to get a third K-9 unit.
That means a dog will be able to cover all three shifts during the week.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl