LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse city council looked at a pair of funding questions at its meeting Thursday night.
First, the council approved the $120,000 needed to remove the ash trees in city parks and facilities.
It's a preventative effort to avoid spreading the emerald ash borer, a tree-killing beetle.17776116
The council also approved up to $50,000 from unused funds in the La Crosse Police department's budget to get a third K-9 unit.
That means a dog will be able to cover all three shifts during the week.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted