LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's City Council re-considers dissolving its monthly Tuesday meeting.
Council members re-affirmed their decision Thursday night to dissolve the Committee of the Whole, but will re-visit the issue again in three months.
Committee members said the meeting, which serves as a public forum, was redundant and not an efficient way to run city government.
Public hearings will now occur at the Finance and Personnel, and the Judiciary and Administration committees instead.17340878
Protestors said the move limits the public's voice.
The council also did the same to the Highways, Properties and Utility board.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse