LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's City Council re-considers dissolving its monthly Tuesday meeting.
Council members re-affirmed their decision Thursday night to dissolve the Committee of the Whole, but will re-visit the issue again in three months.
Committee members said the meeting, which serves as a public forum, was redundant and not an efficient way to run city government.
Public hearings will now occur at the Finance and Personnel, and the Judiciary and Administration committees instead.17340878
Protestors said the move limits the public's voice.
The council also did the same to the Highways, Properties and Utility board.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run