ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - It's hard to believe adopting a furry friend could be any more satisfying, but one local animal shelter is aiming to do just that.
The Coulee Region Humane Society hosted it's Pet Adopt-a-thon this weekend.
Holding a "Price is Right" theme, adopters had the chance to spin "the big wheel" in order to determine adoption costs. There were even a few "showcase specials," knocking down adoption fees by more than 50%.
Organizers say it's a way to spark the community's interest. "People will come in not really knowing what to expect and then they'll leave with something they never anticipated, but it's fun, it's fun to see those connections and to see their eyes light up and big smile when they see that certain little critter," said Samantha Luhmann from the Coulee Region Human Society.
The Humane Society is hoping for 30 adoptions this year, they say they are half way there. For information on adoptions you can call 781-4014.
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after Thompson
- Lawmaker: Budget likely to increase little cigar tax
- Judge: Sound engineer can't publish unreleased Prince tracks
- Budget panel to consider UW tuition cut, performance funding
- Man's body recovered from Mississippi following search
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules