ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - It's hard to believe adopting a furry friend could be any more satisfying, but one local animal shelter is aiming to do just that.
The Coulee Region Humane Society hosted it's Pet Adopt-a-thon this weekend.
Holding a "Price is Right" theme, adopters had the chance to spin "the big wheel" in order to determine adoption costs. There were even a few "showcase specials," knocking down adoption fees by more than 50%.
Organizers say it's a way to spark the community's interest. "People will come in not really knowing what to expect and then they'll leave with something they never anticipated, but it's fun, it's fun to see those connections and to see their eyes light up and big smile when they see that certain little critter," said Samantha Luhmann from the Coulee Region Human Society.
The Humane Society is hoping for 30 adoptions this year, they say they are half way there. For information on adoptions you can call 781-4014.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration