WEST SALEM, Wis. -- After 227 words, the word "conjugate" didn't trip up Aaron Munns.
The student from Coulee Christian School correctly spelled the word to win the CESA 4 Regional Spelling Bee Tuesday at the Heider Center in West Salem.
Munns outlasted John Chrest from Black River Falls Middle School, Eoin Lyon from Providence Academy, Brandon Robert Denham from Onalaska Middle School and Kaleb Krzyszton from Cochrane-Fountain City.8778336
All five students move on to the Badger State Bee March 10 at Edgewood College.
38 students from 22 area schools participated in the Regional Spelling Bee.
If you're wondering, the definition of "conjugate" is: yoked or joined together especially in pairs: acting as if joined.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse