WEST SALEM, Wis. -- After 227 words, the word "conjugate" didn't trip up Aaron Munns.
The student from Coulee Christian School correctly spelled the word to win the CESA 4 Regional Spelling Bee Tuesday at the Heider Center in West Salem.
Munns outlasted John Chrest from Black River Falls Middle School, Eoin Lyon from Providence Academy, Brandon Robert Denham from Onalaska Middle School and Kaleb Krzyszton from Cochrane-Fountain City.8778336
All five students move on to the Badger State Bee March 10 at Edgewood College.
38 students from 22 area schools participated in the Regional Spelling Bee.
If you're wondering, the definition of "conjugate" is: yoked or joined together especially in pairs: acting as if joined.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse