LA CROSSE, Wis.-- The non-profit organization Coulee Cap is making sure Grandad Park in La Crosse is looking it's best for the grand re-opening Friday.
The group helped clean up the park as part of the organization's Earth Day celebration. They spent the afternoon picking up trash and clearing brush.
Organizers say choosing to clean up Grandad park was an easy choice. "Each Earth Day we like to do something as an organization to commemorate Earth Day. This year we wanted to get out and clean a park in one of the four counties that we service and we figured what better park than grandad's before the grand re-opening which is gonna be tomorrow and we got a great day for it," says Paul Medinger of CouleeCap.
The grand reopening of Grandad park starts at 5 p.m. Friday.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest