LA CROSSE, Wis.-- The non-profit organization Coulee Cap is making sure Grandad Park in La Crosse is looking it's best for the grand re-opening Friday.
The group helped clean up the park as part of the organization's Earth Day celebration. They spent the afternoon picking up trash and clearing brush.
Organizers say choosing to clean up Grandad park was an easy choice. "Each Earth Day we like to do something as an organization to commemorate Earth Day. This year we wanted to get out and clean a park in one of the four counties that we service and we figured what better park than grandad's before the grand re-opening which is gonna be tomorrow and we got a great day for it," says Paul Medinger of CouleeCap.
The grand reopening of Grandad park starts at 5 p.m. Friday.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking