WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Cotter Schools announced its new head football coach on Thursday.
Jamie Herrick has been an assistant coach with the Cotter football program for several years. Herrick is also the activities coordinator working with Travis Whipple, Cotter's activities director.
"I am thrilled to welcome Jamie to Cotter in a full-time capacity," Cotter's president Sr. Judith Schaefer said in a statement. "Jamie is bringing a wealth of experience and credibility to our program. Jamie will also add significant leadership to our efforts to provide wholesome, meaningful, and engaging activities for both our local students and our international students."
Herrick will meet with Cotter football players Friday to set expectations and get them excited about the upcoming season.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs