ONALASKA, Wis. - A number of police officers spent time at Buffalo Wild Wings in Onalaska Wednesday, but not for any wrongdoing.
It was the third annual "Cops Gone Wild " fundraiser for the Special Olympics.
A portion of all food sales were donated to the cause. The officers also helped serve up some wings and were able to spend time with the Special Olympic athletes.19016024
"They kind of like to mix it up a little bit and we get to meet different people and interact with the athletes which is probably about the funnest part of this," said Onalaska Police Officer Lisa Gerbig.
Once again officers from a number of local agencies squared off in a wing eating contest. La Crosse Lieutenant Chuck Frandsen repeated as the champion.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers