ONALASKA, Wis. - A number of police officers spent time at Buffalo Wild Wings in Onalaska Wednesday, but not for any wrongdoing.
It was the third annual "Cops Gone Wild " fundraiser for the Special Olympics.
A portion of all food sales were donated to the cause. The officers also helped serve up some wings and were able to spend time with the Special Olympic athletes.19016024
"They kind of like to mix it up a little bit and we get to meet different people and interact with the athletes which is probably about the funnest part of this," said Onalaska Police Officer Lisa Gerbig.
Once again officers from a number of local agencies squared off in a wing eating contest. La Crosse Lieutenant Chuck Frandsen repeated as the champion.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest