LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Recent cool, rainy weather is keeping kids away from area pools.
The La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department says public pool attendance has been down recently. In fact, pools have been cutting back hours and closing early.
They say the good news is that the weather hasn't seemed to affect their special programs.
"We've had a few cold days for things like Flick and Float, which is one of our special events, and that seems to have turned out just fine," said aquatics coordinator Samantha Fitzpatrick. "We've had huge numbers [at the events], even more than last year when it was a nice day. So even though we've had cold days, our special events are still picking up."
The Parks and Rec Department has set up hotlines for each of the public pools in La Crosse with hours of operation. The hotlines are updated daily.
Pool Hour Hotline Numbers
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting