LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Recent cool, rainy weather is keeping kids away from area pools.
The La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department says public pool attendance has been down recently. In fact, pools have been cutting back hours and closing early.
They say the good news is that the weather hasn't seemed to affect their special programs.
"We've had a few cold days for things like Flick and Float, which is one of our special events, and that seems to have turned out just fine," said aquatics coordinator Samantha Fitzpatrick. "We've had huge numbers [at the events], even more than last year when it was a nice day. So even though we've had cold days, our special events are still picking up."
The Parks and Rec Department has set up hotlines for each of the public pools in La Crosse with hours of operation. The hotlines are updated daily.
Pool Hour Hotline Numbers
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony