LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police announced Friday that a convicted sex offender will be released on May 6.
Matthew C. Thompson, 41, was convicted of possession of child pornography, 3rd degree sexual assault, and bail jumping.
La Crosse police said Thompson's computer contained sexually explicit images of minors and also sexually assaulted an adult female acquaintance.
Thompson will live at 809 Rose Street in La Crosse. La Crosse police said Thompson will have to comply with standard sex offender rules and face-to-face contact with law enforcement. He may not have unsupervised contact with minors and cannot go to taverns/bars/liquor stores.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Former Packer talks leadership, teamwork at Boy Scouts fundraiser
- Interfaith panel promotes understanding
- 'Spudmobile' makes stop at La Crosse schools
- La Crescent leaders hear ideas for downtown development
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse