LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police announced Friday that a convicted sex offender will be released on May 6.
Matthew C. Thompson, 41, was convicted of possession of child pornography, 3rd degree sexual assault, and bail jumping.
La Crosse police said Thompson's computer contained sexually explicit images of minors and also sexually assaulted an adult female acquaintance.
Thompson will live at 809 Rose Street in La Crosse. La Crosse police said Thompson will have to comply with standard sex offender rules and face-to-face contact with law enforcement. He may not have unsupervised contact with minors and cannot go to taverns/bars/liquor stores.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online