LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police announced Friday that a convicted sex offender will be released on May 6.
Matthew C. Thompson, 41, was convicted of possession of child pornography, 3rd degree sexual assault, and bail jumping.
La Crosse police said Thompson's computer contained sexually explicit images of minors and also sexually assaulted an adult female acquaintance.
Thompson will live at 809 Rose Street in La Crosse. La Crosse police said Thompson will have to comply with standard sex offender rules and face-to-face contact with law enforcement. He may not have unsupervised contact with minors and cannot go to taverns/bars/liquor stores.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse