LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse is taking a look at how it can be more efficient.
The city hired an outside consultant to take a look at what the city is doing well and where it has room to improve. Thursday night, the consultant presented his findings to city leaders.
One of the things the city is looking at is providing better online service to its residents.
It's also looking at combining some of its departments to make sure they're being as efficient as possible.
The mayor says the assessment was long overdue. "Just like any organization, you're constantly striving for improvement. I think that's a hallmark, or should be a hallmark of any local government is to be doing a lot of self assessment to measure how you're doing and to make that continuous improvement."
The city also hopes to cut down on paper use by putting more services online.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies