LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The city of La Crosse is taking a look at how it can be more efficient.
The city hired an outside consultant to take a look at what the city is doing well and where it has room to improve. Thursday night, the consultant presented his findings to city leaders.
One of the things the city is looking at is providing better online service to its residents.
It's also looking at combining some of its departments to make sure they're being as efficient as possible.
The mayor says the assessment was long overdue. "Just like any organization, you're constantly striving for improvement. I think that's a hallmark, or should be a hallmark of any local government is to be doing a lot of self assessment to measure how you're doing and to make that continuous improvement."
The city also hopes to cut down on paper use by putting more services online.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing