LA CROSSE, Wis. -- The curtain is closer to going up at the new La Crosse Community Theatre as construction is right on track.
The nearly eight million dollar building will have a 450-seat main stage theater, a 100-seat black box theater as well as some classroom space.
It's a joint effort between The La Crosse Community Theatre, Viterbo University, and the La Crosse Performing Arts Center.15938588
The executive director of the theatre says the aggressive construction schedule brings a new sight almost every day. "To come in here today and see they're already starting to weld on the balcony, and you can just sit there, stand on stage and imagine the audience looking at us, and being very close, intimate, and comfortable, and that's what we're very excited about," said LCT Executive Director David Kilpatrick.
The group is about 80% of the way to its fundraising goal for the project.
The building is expected to be finished in December and open to the public in January.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest