TREMPEALEAU, Wis. - A construction project has closed lock and dam 6 in Trempealeau.
The lock is closed for preventative maintenance which only happens about once every 20 years.
The lock will be completely drained of water so major renovations can be done, something that can't happen during the shipping season.
The lock gave advance notice to boaters that it will be closed until March of 2013. "We will sand blast and paint all of our minor gates, replace all the timbers, and replace any deteriorating concrete, so it's just a good time to do it," said Lockmaster Rojean Laseure.17647038
Laseure says the warmer weather will help them get the project done faster.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser