TREMPEALEAU, Wis. - A construction project has closed lock and dam 6 in Trempealeau.
The lock is closed for preventative maintenance which only happens about once every 20 years.
The lock will be completely drained of water so major renovations can be done, something that can't happen during the shipping season.
The lock gave advance notice to boaters that it will be closed until March of 2013. "We will sand blast and paint all of our minor gates, replace all the timbers, and replace any deteriorating concrete, so it's just a good time to do it," said Lockmaster Rojean Laseure.17647038
Laseure says the warmer weather will help them get the project done faster.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers