MADISON, WI (AP) - Court documents say a former Waupun police officer accused of going on a burglary spree planned to kill himself in a cabin.
Prosecutors in Green Lake, Barron and Burnett counties have charged Bradley Young with multiple counts, including burglary, car theft and leading police on a high speed chase. Police captured him at a cabin outside Spooner last month.
Reporter Media reports the Burnett County criminal complaint says after Young eluded police in Barron County, he went to a family member's cabin in Burnett County. He planned to kill himself there but he couldn't find a gun at the cabin. He found a rifle in another unoccupied cabin but decided to surrender after he got a call from his mother and spoke to his children.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota