MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A man accused of running over and killing his 2-year-old son allegedly laughed at his ex-girlfriend and taunted her as she kneeled over their boy's body.
A criminal complaint says police heard Jesus Castillo-Dimas express anger over her new boyfriend.
The complaint charged Castillo-Dimas with first-degree intentional homicide for killing 2-year-old Yandel Castillo-Castillo and three counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide for trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend in Fitchburg Monday.
Castillo-Dimas wore a suicide prevention smock Friday in Dane County Circuit Court. He was ordered jailed on $1 million bail. Assistant District Attorney Mary Ellen Karst says Castillo-Dimas is an illegal immigrant, and she wanted the high bail to ensure he can be prosecuted before he's deported.
Online court records don't say if he has a lawyer.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion