MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A man accused of running over and killing his 2-year-old son allegedly laughed at his ex-girlfriend and taunted her as she kneeled over their boy's body.
A criminal complaint says police heard Jesus Castillo-Dimas express anger over her new boyfriend.
The complaint charged Castillo-Dimas with first-degree intentional homicide for killing 2-year-old Yandel Castillo-Castillo and three counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide for trying to kill his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend in Fitchburg Monday.
Castillo-Dimas wore a suicide prevention smock Friday in Dane County Circuit Court. He was ordered jailed on $1 million bail. Assistant District Attorney Mary Ellen Karst says Castillo-Dimas is an illegal immigrant, and she wanted the high bail to ensure he can be prosecuted before he's deported.
Online court records don't say if he has a lawyer.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student