ONALASKA, WI (WKBT) - Our community is once again reaching out to help a person in need.
The Onalaska Hilltopper Rotary donated a nearly $1,200 check to the Onalaska K-9 Unit.
Officer Dan McCluskey works with the department's K-9. His family lost their home to a fire earlier this year, all while his wife is fighting breast cancer and his son is in need of a kidney transplant.
Usually, Officer McCluskey handles fundraising for the department, but since his hands were full, the Rotary wanted to do their part for the community. "This is what our community does in a time of need, and they came out in droves, it was a great event, great support from our community," said Lisa Kind from Hilltopper Rotary.
The money was raised at a Chicken Q last month. The rotary sold out of chicken in 40 minutes.22885984
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser