LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community leaders got a first look Thursday at what could take shape in place of a downtown parking Lot.
Lot C sits across from the county courthouse.
An advisory committee met Thursday to talk about how they want the space to shape up, and look at some potential designs. That includes everything from building a parking structure, how the streetscaping should look, or working with businesses to develop part of the property.
The board's chair says the only thing not on the table right now is doing nothing. "I'd be surprised if there was kind of a U-turn that took us back to doing nothing, but doing anything on the lot is still under consideration," said Tara Johnson.
The committee is expected to make a final recommendation in about two weeks on what they want the lot to look like.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US