LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community leaders got a first look Thursday at what could take shape in place of a downtown parking Lot.
Lot C sits across from the county courthouse.
An advisory committee met Thursday to talk about how they want the space to shape up, and look at some potential designs. That includes everything from building a parking structure, how the streetscaping should look, or working with businesses to develop part of the property.
The board's chair says the only thing not on the table right now is doing nothing. "I'd be surprised if there was kind of a U-turn that took us back to doing nothing, but doing anything on the lot is still under consideration," said Tara Johnson.
The committee is expected to make a final recommendation in about two weeks on what they want the lot to look like.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death