LA CROSSE, Wis. - When some La Crosse voters head to the polls next election, they may be at a new location.
The Committee of the Whole approved Tuesday night moving District 11's polling place from the Professional Arts Building near Viterbo to St. Paul's Lutheran Church on West Avenue.
The Committee also opted not to open negotiations with Coulee Regional United Soccer Association to purchase the Field for Kids as recommended by the board of public works.
CRUSA has called the property home for the past 15 years and wanted to make it permanent. The city has offered a lease agreement.
Both issues go to the full council on Thursday.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run