LA CROSSE, Wis. - When some La Crosse voters head to the polls next election, they may be at a new location.
The Committee of the Whole approved Tuesday night moving District 11's polling place from the Professional Arts Building near Viterbo to St. Paul's Lutheran Church on West Avenue.
The Committee also opted not to open negotiations with Coulee Regional United Soccer Association to purchase the Field for Kids as recommended by the board of public works.
CRUSA has called the property home for the past 15 years and wanted to make it permanent. The city has offered a lease agreement.
Both issues go to the full council on Thursday.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns