LA CROSSE, Wis. - City Council members in La Crosse are considering giving themselves a raise.
At the Committee of the Whole meeting Tuesday night, council members voted on two related issues; one on base salary, the other for expense accounts.
The first proposal would double the salaries from $200 a month to $400. That was recommended to be approved with a nine to five vote. It would take effect for the Spring 2015 term.
The second would impact the $150 council member allowance to cover supplies needed like Internet and printers.19691244
The recommendation to add 25 dollars was also approved with a 10 to four vote.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests