LA CROSSE, Wis. - City Council members in La Crosse are considering giving themselves a raise.
At the Committee of the Whole meeting Tuesday night, council members voted on two related issues; one on base salary, the other for expense accounts.
The first proposal would double the salaries from $200 a month to $400. That was recommended to be approved with a nine to five vote. It would take effect for the Spring 2015 term.
The second would impact the $150 council member allowance to cover supplies needed like Internet and printers.19691244
The recommendation to add 25 dollars was also approved with a 10 to four vote.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering