MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Closing arguments are expected to begin in the trial of the father accused of starving and torturing his 16-year-old daughter.
The trial against her 41-year-old father was scheduled to wrap up in Dane County Circuit Court on Thursday. The man faces six felony child abuse charges.
The girl testified that her father kept her locked in the basement, and that she endured years of physical abuse and was denied food.
She weighed less than 70 pounds when she ran away 13 months ago.
The defense has said the girl had adequate food and clothing available, but chose not to dress appropriately or eat well.
The Associated Press isn't naming the Madison man to avoid identifying the girl, who has alleged her stepbrother sexually assault her.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case