LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If you're headed out of town for Memorial Day weekend, you may want to make sure you buckle up.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department is stepping up seat belt enforcement along with nearly 400 other law enforcement agencies in Wisconsin. It's part of the annual "Click It or Ticket" safety belt enforcement mobilization.
The goal is to have every driver and passenger buckle up each time they get into a vehicle. The mobilization runs through June 1st.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration