MADISON, Wis. - State officials fired a cleaning company they believe was responsible for damaging or staining marble floors in the Capitol.
A Wisconsin State Journal report said the damage appears to have been caused by a cleaning solution or similar liquid.
Department of Administration spokeswoman Stephanie Marquis said the solution apparently leaked from a floor-scrubbing machine operated by the contractor.
She said officials are still determining the cost for repairing the damage. She also said the department is weighing possible legal steps.
A message left with the department over the weekend seeking the name of the contractor was not immediately returned.
The cleaning company has been replaced with a new contractor.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature