MADISON, Wis. - State officials fired a cleaning company they believe was responsible for damaging or staining marble floors in the Capitol.
A Wisconsin State Journal report said the damage appears to have been caused by a cleaning solution or similar liquid.
Department of Administration spokeswoman Stephanie Marquis said the solution apparently leaked from a floor-scrubbing machine operated by the contractor.
She said officials are still determining the cost for repairing the damage. She also said the department is weighing possible legal steps.
A message left with the department over the weekend seeking the name of the contractor was not immediately returned.
The cleaning company has been replaced with a new contractor.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies