GREEB BAY, WI - Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews has been chosen as Chunky soup's newest "Mama's Boy."
As part of the "Sacks for Soup" program, each time Matthews sacks an opposing team's quarterback during the 2013 NFL regular season, Campbell's Chunky will donate 1,000 cans of soup to a local food bank in the opposing team's city. Campbell's Chunky will also donate 1,000 cans to a food bank in Green Bay.
In addition, the company will also make a $1,000 donation to Clay's charity, CM3 Charitable Fund, for each sack that Clary records throughout the regular season.
Matthews and his teammates Casey Hayward and John Kuhn will star in three unique "Mama's Boy" TV commercials. As Hayward and Kuhn peer into Clay's locker, they find a special room that his mom built to serve him his pre-game Chunky soup.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking