LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Fire Department is receiving an special gift from an area car dealership.
Clason Buick, GMC is giving the department more than $14,000 to buy a new all terrain vehicle.
The department plans to use the ATV in a number of different ways, but mostly for emergency situations.
Often times, crews are limited where they can take their larger vehicles during fire and rescue calls, leaving them to walk long distances while carrying heavy equipment.
The department hopes the new vehicle will provide some assistance during those times. "With a full wheel drive ATV, We'll be able to put various pieces of different equipment on there. and get back in spots faster than we could by walking back there," said Div. Chief Mark Amann.
The department plans to unveil the new ATV sometime within the next week.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers