LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Fire Department is receiving an special gift from an area car dealership.
Clason Buick, GMC is giving the department more than $14,000 to buy a new all terrain vehicle.
The department plans to use the ATV in a number of different ways, but mostly for emergency situations.
Often times, crews are limited where they can take their larger vehicles during fire and rescue calls, leaving them to walk long distances while carrying heavy equipment.
The department hopes the new vehicle will provide some assistance during those times. "With a full wheel drive ATV, We'll be able to put various pieces of different equipment on there. and get back in spots faster than we could by walking back there," said Div. Chief Mark Amann.
The department plans to unveil the new ATV sometime within the next week.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option