LA CROSSE, Wis. - It's time to clean up after our first big snowfall of the season.
In La Crosse, property owners have to clear sidewalks within 24 hours of the snow stopping.
You're not allowed to blow or shovel snow into the street. The city asks that you pile the snow onto the boulevards instead.17721114
If you do not clear your sidewalk in time, a city crew will do it for you and you will be billed on your next tax statement.
The cost is $2.50 per foot of snow plus a mandatory $50 administration fee. You can also be fined $75- $100 plus processing costs.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse