LA CROSSE, Wis. - It's time to clean up after our first big snowfall of the season.
In La Crosse, property owners have to clear sidewalks within 24 hours of the snow stopping.
You're not allowed to blow or shovel snow into the street. The city asks that you pile the snow onto the boulevards instead.17721114
If you do not clear your sidewalk in time, a city crew will do it for you and you will be billed on your next tax statement.
The cost is $2.50 per foot of snow plus a mandatory $50 administration fee. You can also be fined $75- $100 plus processing costs.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run