ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A potential risk of water contamination has the city of Onalaska doing mandated check-ups.
The city will be doing residential and commercial check-ups on all water hook-ups.
The Utility Department will be looking for any places water can back flow into the city's water system.
"Quite often they look at your toilet to see how that is operating and functioning. They look a lot of times on the outside of your house for a hose bib where the house is connected to make sure you have a vacuum breaker on that," said City Engineer Jarrod Holter.
The city should be contacting residents to set up an appointment for inspection in the near future.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.