LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of La Crosse is hoping they have enough salt to last through the winter.
City officials say with salt left over from last year, La Crosse only has about 500 tons left on their contract to last through the winter months.
That number may seem large, but the city has already used about more than 2,500 tons of its 3,000 ton salt supply.
With winter showing no sign of slowing down, the city does plan to make a request for additional salt.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes