LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The City of La Crosse is hoping they have enough salt to last through the winter.
City officials say with salt left over from last year, La Crosse only has about 500 tons left on their contract to last through the winter months.
That number may seem large, but the city has already used about more than 2,500 tons of its 3,000 ton salt supply.
With winter showing no sign of slowing down, the city does plan to make a request for additional salt.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death