LA CROSSE, Wis. - About two dozen La Crosse families will have presents under their tree this year thanks to city of La Crosse employees.
It's the fourth year the city has partnered with the La Crosse school district to help needy families.
The district picked up hundreds of toys and gifts Wednesday that will help 25 local families. "Been quite amazing, the city employees really stepped up and went above and beyond to help less fortunate families in the La Crosse community have a brighter Christmas this year," said Employee Benefits and Wellness Specialist Heidi Larson.17762186
Two local unions also made cash donations.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership