LA CROSSE, Wis. - About two dozen La Crosse families will have presents under their tree this year thanks to city of La Crosse employees.
It's the fourth year the city has partnered with the La Crosse school district to help needy families.
The district picked up hundreds of toys and gifts Wednesday that will help 25 local families. "Been quite amazing, the city employees really stepped up and went above and beyond to help less fortunate families in the La Crosse community have a brighter Christmas this year," said Employee Benefits and Wellness Specialist Heidi Larson.17762186
Two local unions also made cash donations.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death