LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The snow piles have been growing in downtown La Crosse and now the city is clearing them out.
City crews will begin snow removal this weekend and will continue for the next couple of weeks. They will be clearing snow from curbs in the downtown area as well as the north side.
They'll work overnight and drivers are asked to avoid streets or intersections where they see the crews.
In order to clear the snow, they first have to pile it in the middle of the street. "Motor graters will pull the snow off the boulevard, wind row it and then the snow blower will follow, load it into trucks. We can load a truck in about 12 seconds," said Street Superintendent Randy Hinze.
The snow will be stored on Isle la Plume.
Depending on the weather, the city might also clear snow from George Street, Rose Street and South Avenue.24233486
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes