LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - City crews in La Crosse will be out in full force this week responding to a pile of complaints about unshoveled sidewalks.
A city ordinance says residents and business owners are required to clear the sidewalks around their property within a day after the snow stops falling.
To help, the city provides a free salt-sand mixture to residents at the North Side and South Side fire stations. "Spread that out on your walk and that will increase traction, it'll give you a little more ability to walk on the sidewalk that might be ice covered," said City Engineer Doug Kerns.
If you don't clear your sidewalk within 24 hours of a snowfall, the city will charge a fee to do it for you.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Ohio, Wisconsin kick start interstate talks on Trump effect
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Minnesota House set for floor vote on Real ID
- Iowa mayor wraps up address with bluesy salute to his city