LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - City crews in La Crosse will be out in full force this week responding to a pile of complaints about unshoveled sidewalks.
A city ordinance says residents and business owners are required to clear the sidewalks around their property within a day after the snow stops falling.
To help, the city provides a free salt-sand mixture to residents at the North Side and South Side fire stations. "Spread that out on your walk and that will increase traction, it'll give you a little more ability to walk on the sidewalk that might be ice covered," said City Engineer Doug Kerns.
If you don't clear your sidewalk within 24 hours of a snowfall, the city will charge a fee to do it for you.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years