LA CROSSE, Wis. - A setback Friday for the group trying to recall La Crosse's city council president.
After reviewing the recall petition, the city clerk ruled it insufficient. Of the more than 250 signatures collected, only 104 were certified. That's more than 50 short needed to trigger a recall against Audrey Kader.
La Crosse's city clerk says a number of signatures were thrown out including many who used the controversial mailing address for Viterbo University. Only 36 of those were verified through the state's voter registration system.
Others were deemed insufficient for being incomplete or being out of the district. "I'm more relieved, I'm not happy yet, I'll only be happy when this is put to bed," said Kader.
The Restore La Crosse Committee, the group who filed the petition, has until Wednesday to provide the necessary information to fix the invalid signatures.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups