LA CROSSE, Wis. - A setback Friday for the group trying to recall La Crosse's city council president.
After reviewing the recall petition, the city clerk ruled it insufficient. Of the more than 250 signatures collected, only 104 were certified. That's more than 50 short needed to trigger a recall against Audrey Kader.
La Crosse's city clerk says a number of signatures were thrown out including many who used the controversial mailing address for Viterbo University. Only 36 of those were verified through the state's voter registration system.
Others were deemed insufficient for being incomplete or being out of the district. "I'm more relieved, I'm not happy yet, I'll only be happy when this is put to bed," said Kader.
The Restore La Crosse Committee, the group who filed the petition, has until Wednesday to provide the necessary information to fix the invalid signatures.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure