BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - The Black River Falls Fire Department says a Christmas Eve fire at the Jackson County Highway Department Shop caused about $1 million in damages.
When crews arrived on scene at about 11:15 p.m. on December 24, 2012, a county snow plow parked in the garage was on fire.
Firefighters say the roof ofthe building also caught fire and there was heavy smoke damage to the building and to the vehicles in the garage area.
Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber says structure damage is estimated to be $750,000 and the content damage estimate is $250,000.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but investigators say it appears to have started in the snow plow's cab or engine compartment area. No one was injured in the fire.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death