BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. - The Black River Falls Fire Department says a Christmas Eve fire at the Jackson County Highway Department Shop caused about $1 million in damages.
When crews arrived on scene at about 11:15 p.m. on December 24, 2012, a county snow plow parked in the garage was on fire.
Firefighters say the roof ofthe building also caught fire and there was heavy smoke damage to the building and to the vehicles in the garage area.
Black River Falls Fire Chief Steve Schreiber says structure damage is estimated to be $750,000 and the content damage estimate is $250,000.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but investigators say it appears to have started in the snow plow's cab or engine compartment area. No one was injured in the fire.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies