ONALASKA, Wis. - It was a chance to satisfy your palette while supporting area troops and their families.
Harley Davidson in Onalaska hosted a chili cook-off on Saturday benefiting Operation Homefront.
Those in attendance could sample more than 25 different chili recipes. The money raised will help deployed service members' families.
Organizers say the event is all about finding a tasty way to show support.
"I like to look at it that not only are you going to warm up your tummy but you're going to warm up your heart today," said Patti Lokken, spokesperson for Operation Homefront.
"This event really does support a good cause and a lot of wonderful people that do so much for our freedom. We live in a great place here and they're defending that freedom of ours," she added.18294242
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.