ONALASKA, Wis. - It was a chance to satisfy your palette while supporting area troops and their families.
Harley Davidson in Onalaska hosted a chili cook-off on Saturday benefiting Operation Homefront.
Those in attendance could sample more than 25 different chili recipes. The money raised will help deployed service members' families.
Organizers say the event is all about finding a tasty way to show support.
"I like to look at it that not only are you going to warm up your tummy but you're going to warm up your heart today," said Patti Lokken, spokesperson for Operation Homefront.
"This event really does support a good cause and a lot of wonderful people that do so much for our freedom. We live in a great place here and they're defending that freedom of ours," she added.18294242
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks