LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Charlotte's bridal is once again honoring our veterans and their significant others. They are teaming up with "Brides Across America" to give away wedding gowns to military brides-to-be.
Brides got in line early Thursday morning to find their perfect dress.
Dolly Trentadue drove up from Madison. Her fiancé has been deployed 4 times including three times to Iraq and he will probably be sent to Afghanistan right after their wedding.
"It's really nice to know that people in our community can give back to our soldier that put their life for our country and for us," says Trentadue.
The event continues Friday at Charlotte's Bridal. Brides will be served on a first come first serve basis.
To qualify, brides or their fiancées must be on active duty... and either currently deployed or deployed within the last five years to Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Libya or Japan. Deployment papers must be presented to get a dress.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse