LA CROSSE, Wis. -- Charlotte's bridal is once again honoring our veterans and their significant others. They are teaming up with "Brides Across America" to give away wedding gowns to military brides-to-be.
Brides got in line early Thursday morning to find their perfect dress.
Dolly Trentadue drove up from Madison. Her fiancé has been deployed 4 times including three times to Iraq and he will probably be sent to Afghanistan right after their wedding.
"It's really nice to know that people in our community can give back to our soldier that put their life for our country and for us," says Trentadue.
The event continues Friday at Charlotte's Bridal. Brides will be served on a first come first serve basis.
To qualify, brides or their fiancées must be on active duty... and either currently deployed or deployed within the last five years to Iraq, Afghanistan, Bahrain, Libya or Japan. Deployment papers must be presented to get a dress.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser