LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A dozen military brides-to-be found their dream wedding dress Monday, and they didn't have to spend a dime to get it.
Charlotte's Bridal in La Crosse once again participated in Brides Across America.
Participating dress shops across the country give free wedding dresses to the future brides as a way to say thank you for their service.
Charlotte's has donated about 120 dresses in the four years it has participated as a token of thanks and a way to cut down on the stress of planning a wedding. "What they do for us is something so wonderful that you can't thank them enough," said Charlotte's Co-owner Kathy Walker.
"It's very nice that they do this for people in the military because they work so hard and for them to give away dresses like this, it means a lot to me and to my fiancé," said Maria Olinger.
The dresses are valued up to $2,000.22923132
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016