WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A Wausau man is being held on $250,000 bond in a jail attack that injured two corrections officers, including one who's hospitalized in intensive care.
Fredrick Morris, 20, is charged with aggravated battery in the March 27th attack at the Marathon County Jail that critically injured Julie Christensen, who remains at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. A second corrections officer was injured, treated at the hospital and released. A medical report attached to the criminal complaint says Christensen only recently woke from a coma.
Meanwhile, the administrator of the jail has resigned after 25 years on the job. The Wausau Daily Herald reports county Administrator Brad Karger says jail employees felt their concerns about safety had not been addressed.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge