LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A food bank serving La Crosse County and southeastern Minnesota was awarded a $500,000 grant Monday.
Channel One Regional Food Bank was voted the winner of the first-ever "All-Star Fans Choose" grant, part of the 2014 All-Star legacy giving program.
The announcement of the winner came at the home-run derby during All-Star game festivities in the Twin Cities.
About 75 thousand fans voted for Channel One. The organization was one of seven Upper Midwest non-profit organizations named as finalists for the grant.
The food bank serves an average of 100,000 people a year throughout LaCrosse, Winona, Houston, and Fillmore counties as well as other parts of southeastern Minnesota.
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- UW-Madison leadership center to be named after Thompson
- Lawmaker: Budget likely to increase little cigar tax
- Judge: Sound engineer can't publish unreleased Prince tracks
- Budget panel to consider UW tuition cut, performance funding
- Man's body recovered from Mississippi following search
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules