LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A food bank serving La Crosse County and southeastern Minnesota was awarded a $500,000 grant Monday.
Channel One Regional Food Bank was voted the winner of the first-ever "All-Star Fans Choose" grant, part of the 2014 All-Star legacy giving program.
The announcement of the winner came at the home-run derby during All-Star game festivities in the Twin Cities.
About 75 thousand fans voted for Channel One. The organization was one of seven Upper Midwest non-profit organizations named as finalists for the grant.
The food bank serves an average of 100,000 people a year throughout LaCrosse, Winona, Houston, and Fillmore counties as well as other parts of southeastern Minnesota.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget
- 90 cans of baby formula stolen from Walmart