LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A food bank serving La Crosse County and southeastern Minnesota was awarded a $500,000 grant Monday.
Channel One Regional Food Bank was voted the winner of the first-ever "All-Star Fans Choose" grant, part of the 2014 All-Star legacy giving program.
The announcement of the winner came at the home-run derby during All-Star game festivities in the Twin Cities.
About 75 thousand fans voted for Channel One. The organization was one of seven Upper Midwest non-profit organizations named as finalists for the grant.
The food bank serves an average of 100,000 people a year throughout LaCrosse, Winona, Houston, and Fillmore counties as well as other parts of southeastern Minnesota.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death