LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A food bank serving La Crosse County and southeastern Minnesota was awarded a $500,000 grant Monday.
Channel One Regional Food Bank was voted the winner of the first-ever "All-Star Fans Choose" grant, part of the 2014 All-Star legacy giving program.
The announcement of the winner came at the home-run derby during All-Star game festivities in the Twin Cities.
About 75 thousand fans voted for Channel One. The organization was one of seven Upper Midwest non-profit organizations named as finalists for the grant.
The food bank serves an average of 100,000 people a year throughout LaCrosse, Winona, Houston, and Fillmore counties as well as other parts of southeastern Minnesota.
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Committee to hold hearing on youth prison bill
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget