LA CROSSE, WI - Changes are coming to the GED program and it could mean some current students have to take tests over again.
Starting January 1st, the program will shift focus to common core standards as well as getting students college-ready.
Any current students who don't complete the current program by December 13th will have to start all over again. The test will also change from pencil and paper to being completely online.
Western Technical College runs a GED program and they say students feel comfortable taking tests online. "What we've been told is that most people really like doing it on the computer,people are more tech savvy now and so a lot of students like to do the test on the computer," said Brenda Parmenter from Western.21477180
Western sees about 400 students graduate from its GED program every year.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership