LA CROSSE, WI - Changes are coming to the GED program and it could mean some current students have to take tests over again.
Starting January 1st, the program will shift focus to common core standards as well as getting students college-ready.
Any current students who don't complete the current program by December 13th will have to start all over again. The test will also change from pencil and paper to being completely online.
Western Technical College runs a GED program and they say students feel comfortable taking tests online. "What we've been told is that most people really like doing it on the computer,people are more tech savvy now and so a lot of students like to do the test on the computer," said Brenda Parmenter from Western.21477180
Western sees about 400 students graduate from its GED program every year.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death