APPLETON, WI - The National Weather Service in Green Bay says five tornadoes total touched down in storms that swept through central and northeastern Wisconsin.
The storms passed through late Wednesday and early Thursday. A town chairman was killed in Marinette County and another man injured as they cleared debris from a road and were struck by a vehicle.
The Weather Service says there were tornado touchdowns in New London to Hortonville, Mackville to near Kaukauna, the north side of Appleton to near Holland, northeast of Mackville to east of Maribel, and south of Pilsen.
Gov. Scott Walker visited the area Thursday morning and pledged support.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients