APPLETON, WI - The National Weather Service in Green Bay says five tornadoes total touched down in storms that swept through central and northeastern Wisconsin.
The storms passed through late Wednesday and early Thursday. A town chairman was killed in Marinette County and another man injured as they cleared debris from a road and were struck by a vehicle.
The Weather Service says there were tornado touchdowns in New London to Hortonville, Mackville to near Kaukauna, the north side of Appleton to near Holland, northeast of Mackville to east of Maribel, and south of Pilsen.
Gov. Scott Walker visited the area Thursday morning and pledged support.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case