LA CROSSE, Wis. - All students at Central High School have been evacuated due to a reported bomb threat around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, according to the School District of La Crosse.
Central High School officials say they found a note with a bomb threat on it on campus.
"In light of yesterday's incidents in Boston and our ongoing priority of student and staff safety, the threat was taken extremely seriously," said Sue Peterson, School District of La Crosse's community outreach coordinator.
Students were evacuated to the back of Central High School's football field.
Peterson said the La Crosse Police K-9 Unit did a full sweep of the building and did not find anything suspicious. After police confirmed the building was safe and secure, students and staff were let back in the building and the school's normal scheduled continued.19778008
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks