LA CROSSE, Wis. - All students at Central High School have been evacuated due to a reported bomb threat around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, according to the School District of La Crosse.
Central High School officials say they found a note with a bomb threat on it on campus.
"In light of yesterday's incidents in Boston and our ongoing priority of student and staff safety, the threat was taken extremely seriously," said Sue Peterson, School District of La Crosse's community outreach coordinator.
Students were evacuated to the back of Central High School's football field.
Peterson said the La Crosse Police K-9 Unit did a full sweep of the building and did not find anything suspicious. After police confirmed the building was safe and secure, students and staff were let back in the building and the school's normal scheduled continued.19778008
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race