LA CROSSE, WI - A local non-profit was hoping selling some sweet treats would raise some serious dough.
It was the annual celebrity pie auction Thursday night at the Freight House in La Crosse to support the YWCA.
More than a dozen familiar faces in the community auctioned off a home-made pie, and sweetened the deal with an incentive like hotel and vacation packages.21399762
The YWCA's interim director says it's a fun and relaxed atmosphere and hopes people will give to a cause that reaches a lot of people in the area. "If we don't have community support, the chances of some of these programs cutting back is something we could possibly face," said Ruthann Schultz.
This is the sixth year of the auction.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US