LA CROSSE, WI - A local non-profit was hoping selling some sweet treats would raise some serious dough.
It was the annual celebrity pie auction Thursday night at the Freight House in La Crosse to support the YWCA.
More than a dozen familiar faces in the community auctioned off a home-made pie, and sweetened the deal with an incentive like hotel and vacation packages.21399762
The YWCA's interim director says it's a fun and relaxed atmosphere and hopes people will give to a cause that reaches a lot of people in the area. "If we don't have community support, the chances of some of these programs cutting back is something we could possibly face," said Ruthann Schultz.
This is the sixth year of the auction.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death