LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - It was an important night for animals in need of a home in our area.
The Cause for Paws benefit to raise money for the Coulee Region Humane Society brought out about 240 people Saturday night.
It was held on the campus of Western Technical College.
People attending enjoyed a sit down dinner and participated in a silent auction.
It was also a time for the Humane Society staff to talk about the work they do throughout the year.19064320
For the Humane Society, it's the largest fundraiser of the year.
"These events are so important for us. We have so many generous people that come and donate their time and money for our auction and all the money goes to help our shelter animals," said Liz Meil, Marketing Director for the Coulee Region Humane Society.
If you are interested in contacting the Coulee Region Humane Society to learn more about adopting a pet, call 781-4014.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option