LA CROSSE, Wis. -- - It was an important night for animals in need of a home in our area.
The Cause for Paws benefit to raise money for the Coulee Region Humane Society brought out about 240 people Saturday night.
It was held on the campus of Western Technical College.
People attending enjoyed a sit down dinner and participated in a silent auction.
It was also a time for the Humane Society staff to talk about the work they do throughout the year.19064320
For the Humane Society, it's the largest fundraiser of the year.
"These events are so important for us. We have so many generous people that come and donate their time and money for our auction and all the money goes to help our shelter animals," said Liz Meil, Marketing Director for the Coulee Region Humane Society.
If you are interested in contacting the Coulee Region Humane Society to learn more about adopting a pet, call 781-4014.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies